9.06.2013

5 on Friday - September Edition Week 1

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
One.I'm currently working on a new logo and design for the website.  I know I just started this blog, so why change it already, but I'm not 100% sure it's what I want.  I'm hopeful that my new logo and design will make me love it even more!
Two.If you don't know about The Skimm, you're missing out!  The Skimm is a daily newsletter that simplifies the headlines for the educated professional who knows enough to know she needs more. They do the reading for you and explain it with fresh editorial content, breaking down what you need to know to start the conversation.  I learned about this through a fellow blogger and have greatly enjoyed reading my daily email from The Skimm.  It gives a summary of the latest current events, so even as a busy Mom who rarely has time to watch the news, you can remain up-to-date on current events!  Check them out!
Three.We're taking McKenzie to a local circus that is in town this weekend.  It's not going to be the big show and spectacle of Ringling Brother's, but I'm excited to go nonetheless.  It will give us an opportunity to get out of the house with her and do something fun!  Pictures to follow!
Four.
I love planning parties!  I especially love the small details of a party.  Even the smallest of parties can feel large scale, just by adding a few personalized touches.  If I had an opportunity to have my dream job, I would start my own event planning business.  I had such a blast planning McKenzie's first birthday!  Her theme was Pink Lemonade!  I will be doing a whole post to detail it soon, but here's a sneak peek of how cute it turned out!    People laughed at me because I put some much time and effort in to something that she won't remember.  I will always remember it though and she will always have the pictures.  The day couldn't have been any more perfect!


I'm so excited that a friend of mine asked me for ideas for her twin's 1st Birthday Party!  We have been plotting for the past few days!  I can't wait to see how cute this party turns out!
Five.Work = crazy.  I work at a hospital who received MAGNET designation. Our MAGNET re-certification is next week and the Joint Commission visits the following.  I have been in over-drive trying to get things ready!
Enjoy your weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the tip on the Skimm. I like the idea that it abbreviates the news. I do not have a lot of time to keep up with all the news.

    ReplyDelete