9.16.2013

High School Back Then | 52 Weeks of Blogging With A Purpose


Ohhhh High School.   Some of the best times of my life.
Looking back is hilarious!  What were we thinking?
Sweater Jackets. Enough said.   Never again.
Platform Flip Flops. Bad decision.  Way too tall.  Never again!

Tiffany Charm Bracelets. Everyone had one, although not a Tiffany & Co. one!
Instant Message.  It's how we survived in high school and the early years of college.  It was cool long before Facebook.
AOL - Dial Up Internet. Long before DSL, there was dial-up.  Staring at the screen below while your computer connected to the internet at a frustratingly slow pace.  Sisterly fights would ensue when the phone was picked up in the middle of the dial-up, thus making you start all over again!

Napster. Downloading music.  For Free.  Once the news of illegal downloading broke, your parents would convince you that if you continued to download, the FBI would be knocking at your door to arrest you.   You stopped downloading.

Burned CD's.  Before the days of an Ipod.  You would make CD's for yourself of your favorite songs that you had downloaded from Napster and title it  - Spring 2003 or Long Drive Home.  Friends would make CD's for one another and write messages on the CD's. I love going through all of my burned CD's every so often.  They are a time capsule for that moment of your life. The music takes you back!

cd
Nokia Phones. Everyone had one.  First the brick size phone.  Then the smaller one.  Racking up small fortunes in cell phone bills.When bored, you would play snake.


Meeting the Love of your Life.  We were high school sweethearts.  We started dating our senior year.  I knew I was lucky then and I am still that lucky today!
Prom

3 comments:

  1. OMG I feel like you raided my hs closet! New follower :)
    Shannon
    http://crazyb8utifullife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha OMG I had a sweater just like that ;)

    And I had dial-up until I left home, country didn't have high speed lol!!

    Great post - I am a new follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the throwback! We've come some far since the days of Nokia phones and platform flip flops

    Linda
    Tailgate Queen - gameday dresses

    ReplyDelete