8.23.2013

5 on Friday

One.
I know it's still August, but the cooler weather has gotten me in the mood for Fall and the holidays.  I may or may not have been Pinning this...and looking for Christmas card photo ideas.
Two.
I’m working really hard on being healthy – on eating right, on exercising more, on intentionally making the time to do so.  It’s not always easy, but I’m working on it.
fruit
Three.
We plan on purchasing this in the very near future.  So many mixed emotions because she’s not our tiny little baby any longer. What age did you switch you baby from a crib to a toddler bed?
Bed
Four.
There is currently a no kissing, no hugging, no hand-holding rule in place at our house.  McKenzie will not allow Brian and I to do it!   If I lay my head on Brian’s shoulder or lean in to kiss him, she will run over from wherever she is in the room and physically separate us.  She will wedge herself in between us and push one of us away.  It’s a toss-up as to who she pushes away.  I guess it depends on who she likes more that day!
Five.We’re currently in a Wonder Week. For those of you without children, a Wonder Week is when nothing you do is right and there is a melt-down about everything.  They say it’s caused by their brains growing and neurons firing, but I call it maddening.  It take the strength of Wonder Woman not to lose your mind during this time!

I’m currently reading The Happiest Toddler on the Block by Harvey Karp.  So far, I’m not very good at any of it.   Any tips on what to do about the constant meltdowns?  Part of me wants to ignore them and not draw any attention (both positive and negative) to them, but I also don’t want her thinking that this is acceptable.  Moms…feel free to help!
Not McKenzie, but similar to how every night this week as been! 
Not McKenzie, but similar to how every night this week as been!
That it's for 5 on Friday!  Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I've also been feeling the urge for fall (not quite winter) as the weather cools down here. Your number 4 is hilarious--but hopefully she'll lift the hugging embargo soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny that you have a little referee on your hands! This list has me scared for what I'm up against eventually... Toddler beds and more wonder weeks... Ugh. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can only hope! She clearly is trying to tell us she wants to be an only child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa! The girls aren't that far apart in age!. McKenzie was born the 14th, so right before Kennedy! I love reading your posts because I feel like we go through the same things together! Congrats on your soon to be little one! I'll eventually be coming to you for pointers on how to handle two at once! There are days that I am ready for another and then there are days that I think...no way in this world!

    Have a great weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So need to look into Happiest Toddler on the Block. My three year old throws constant tantrums!

    Had to laugh that your daughter pushes you and your husband apart. My little girl does that too if we kiss. We get a kick out of it -- so we test her often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just eat right and healthy food,I love the color of the bed.
    Hope you can visit my Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete