10.29.2013

Change meet Anxiety. Anxiety meet Change.

I am a creature of habit...even if what I'm doing is no longer a great fit.  I would rather stay in the same place than have to deal with the unknowns that change brings.  It makes me anxious....really anxious.   Like a knot in the back of your throat, am I making the right decision, I wish someone would tell me what to do type of anxious.
I need a change.  I want a change.  It just makes me nervous. I looked to the Internet for quotes of inspiration to help me through this awful feeling.  Here's what I've got:
wait
I always find reasons as to why now is not the time.  I think I've found reasons for the past year.  I've got to stop this vicious cycle.
change
I've got it great where I am right now.  Flexibility, Autonomy, A Family.  I just need something more.  I feel like I'm not being challenged.  I want a challenge.  ...Hopefully you'll remind me of this in the future!
faith
I am learning to have faith that everything will work out .  If not, I know that there are other opportunities.  Change just makes me so anxious and afraid.

timing
I know everything will happen exactly as it should, but it's different now.  Without a family, I probably wouldn't worry as much, but I have to.  There are people who rely on me.  People that need me.  People that I don't want to let down.
I want something better, but I'm so afraid to go after it.  The grass isn't greener on the other side, but is it better than this?

9 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this. Don't have any advice; but I commiserate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some great advice to offer! I've got similar tendencies. Easier to stay than to leap, but I hope you make the leap =) And that it is the challenge you are craving.

    I nominated you for a liebster award, check out today's post on Sweet Turtle Soup if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the exact same way! I taught elementary school for three years and have been out of the classroom for a year and a half staying home with my son. I just took my first sub job this Friday and I am SO SO nervous...change...ahhh. Anxiety! I agree that it's easy to just stay where we are because it's comfortable, but things almost always go better than we expect. I'm usually always happy I pushed my boundaries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I feel very similar about change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I'll keep you posted about my leap!

    Thanks also for the nomination! It's on my agenda to post back today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know I'm not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Change more often than not is always for the better in some way, shape or form. I just don't understand why it's so hard for me to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! It's the initial jump that's always so hard! Good luck on Friday! I'm sure you will do great! I bet it'll be as natural to you as the day you left! And the adult interaction - even better! You'll be an even happier Mom when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand why it's hard either, but you're right. It's usually for the better, even if you can't necessarily see that right away.

    ReplyDelete