12.06.2013

5 on Friday | December Edition - Week 1

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

So excited to be back in the swing of things and doing 5 on Friday's!    This week, my 5 are a few of my favorite things - holiday edition! In the coming weeks, 5 on Friday will continue with the holiday theme, including gift ideas for adults and children!

One - Cookies
Each year, my family gathers together to bake.  We make more cookies than we can possible eat.   We spend hours in the kitchen - talking, sampling, and baking even more.

The cookies are the bi-product.  It's about spending the time together. It's about enjoying the time we spend together. 




[caption id="attachment_1282" align="aligncenter" width="640"] Our little cookie baker last year![/caption]



Two - Lights
Each year, we spend time riding around and looking at lights.  It's one of those things that I know we will love more and more ask Kenzie gets older.  Last year, she was a tiny little baby, who slept most of the time.  This year, I can't wait to hear her point and talk about the lights.

One of our favorite places to go and drive through is the Herr's Potato Chip Factory.  They set up the beautiful light display below and you can drive through and walk through their grounds.  Each year, I am so amazed at the amount of timing and lights it must take the person that wraps the trees.  Incredible!




Three - Trees
Choosing, Cutting Down and Decorating our Tree!  Brian and I started the tradition a few years after we were married.  It's gotten a little harder to do now with McKenzie, but I think it's still worth it.  I want her to have special memories of the holidays.  I want her to have traditions...even if it means more work for us and less ornaments on the trees than normal!

Christmas Tree Farm 030


Four - Christmas Countdown
I was so excited when I unpacked the Christmas decorations this year.  This Christmas Countdown was one that I used as I was growing up.  I would look forward to moving the little Christmas mouse to each day.  I knew that the closer we got to the end of the calendar, the closer we were to Christmas!  Growing up, we also had an Advent wreath and a little prayer-book that my sister and I would fight over to read.  It's on my list of things to buy for next year!  We also always had an Advent countdown that had Hershey kisses attached to it.

081



Five - Christmas Music







I may have started listening to Christmas music right before Thanksgiving.  Don't judge!  I love the classic versions of the Christmas songs that I grew up with, but I also love newer and updated versions as well.  See above.  Pentatonix is amazing.  I've loved them since they were on the show, The Sing Off, and I love them even more now.  If you're looking for updated Christmas music, check out this acapella group! They have an entire Christmas album!  Amazing!

Happy Holidays!  Have a great weekend!


 




8 comments:

  1. Cute blog! And we loved Pentatonix on The Sing Off. Who knew they had Christmas stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to drive around & look at Christmas lights. Your little girl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Isn't Pentatonix amazing?! I actually had tickets for my husband and I to see them last January when they were in town and life got busy and weren't able to go. I regret it so much! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! Isn't it the best time of year!? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweet girl is absolutely precious!! And your tree looks fabulous! So glad you joined our little link-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that same countdown calendar as a kid!! I wonder if my mom still has it? :) happy Friday and yay for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too funny! If she's like my Mom, she will! The amount of things she has saved to give me a some point with my own children is endearing!

    ReplyDelete