12.31.2013

Low Key New Years Celebration

Welcome to the new Heartbeats and Little Feet! If you've followed me over from Wordpress, thank you! If you're a new follower, welcome! Stay for awhile and enjoy!

Today is one of those days that is filled with excitement. Not because we are preparing to go out and celebrate with a late night out on the town. Not because we are hosting guests at our house or attending a lavish party. Today is a great day because it's the last day of the year. A day to reflect on the past, to wrap up loose ends and to set goals for the new year. Tomorrow is a day of fresh starts and new beginnings and I find something so refreshing in it! 

As I wrap up the loose ends of projects at work and organization of our newly acquired Christmas gifts, I look forward to what 2014 has in store for us. 

Brian typically works on New Years so that leaves a little one tucked into bed and a tired mama who struggles to make it to midnight.   As McKenzie gets older, I hope to incorporate fun traditions for our family - even if it just happens to be the two of us. 

For those of you heading out this evening, enjoy! I'll be snuggled up at home with a fun little 19 month old and waiting for my first kiss of the New Year when my love gets home! 

With that said...

2013 - thanks for being a great year! It was filled with an abundance of love, laughter, incredible experiences, lessons learned and new beginnings. 

2014 - please be as kind as 2013. Continue to bless our family. Keep us all safe, healthy and happy.  I'm looking forward to what you have in store!

Happy New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment