1.24.2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday everyone! Another week in the books! I'm not even sure how January is almost over! Time is flying.

One. 
Please keep my sister in your prayers. I've written about her and her journey here. She is currently having an angiogram done today to view the size and placement of her AVM. The doctors want to see if there have been significant changes since her stroke. From here, they will determine the amount and frequency of radiation that she will need to undergo. She's as tough as they come, but still anxious about all of it. Please keep her in your thoughts!


Two.
I started reading The Fault In Our Stars Friday evening. By Monday morning, I was done. It was an incredible book and very fitting, because Sunday was the three year anniversary of me losing one of my best friends.  You can read about it here. Although the premise of loss was different, I found myself deeply feeling what the characters were gong through. It wasn't a long book, but if you are looking for a great read, I highly recommend this book.  I've clearly been bit by the reading bug! I just downloaded a new book for this weekend - The Pact by Jodi Picoult. I'm about 2 chapters in so far and love it!


Three.
I worked on an art project for Valentine's Day with McKenzie using the supplies below.  How did it turn out?  Check out the blog next week to find out!



Four.
So it's not the clearest picture, but it will do! We got a sneak peek at some of the photos from the wedding that I was recently in. They are beautiful and I can't wait to see more! Here are the girls from the wedding. Instead of flowers, we carried a muff, that had a broach and callalily attached to it. So fitting for a January wedding. 


Five.
The weather has been crazy here this week with freezing temps and lots of snow.  The sunrise before the storm was absolutely amazing though! Well worth all of the mess!



Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Check out Darci over at The Good Life Blog and her friends for some more Five on Friday Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment