1.02.2014

New Year...New Goals

Happy New Year!  

It’s my favorite time of year!  The time that I always find myself making resolutions and setting goals that I fail to keep!  More often than not, it’s because I set an unattainable and unrealistic goal!  Who wouldn't want to lose 60 pounds and look like a Victoria’s Secret model!?  Am I right?   The one thing I've realized though is that these unattainable goals lead to failure.  I start off strong each year, but my mid-February, I've lost sight of the goal.  This year, I’m going to follow tried and true advice.  My goal is going to be attainable and realistic.  Ready for it?



I’m going to eat healthy and work-out at least 3 times a week.  That’s attainable right?  With God’s grace, 2014 will be a year of growth for our family, so although I'd love to be losing weight, it may not be about that.  It quite possibly could about be about being healthy and active while gaining weight…if you get my drift!  

Here’s my plan of attack:  Choose healthier options while cooking at home or eating out.  Instead of the second helping, use portion control.  Instead of French fries and carbs, choose a veggie, salad or grilled chicken.  By making small, but conscious decisions, it’s my hope that it becomes a new way of life.   If the reward to that is losing weight, then it’s an added reward.  Regardless, I will feel better and be healthier and that’s all I could hope and wish for in 2014!   

Here’s to an incredible 2014 and to keeping our resolutions!

6 comments:

  1. Love the new blog and blog design! Did you do it yourself?! Welcome to blogger I think you'll love it! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am still learning it, but so far, love it! Hubby Jack actually designed it for me! Chris was great to work with and was so patient with my many changes! I wish I could design like this...maybe one day! I'll add it to the bucket list!

      Happy New Year to you and your family too! I hope you're feeling better!

      Delete
  2. You can do it! I chose to eat clean and healthier last Jan. and I lost over 15lbs :) Good luck with your goals!

    New Follower :)
    Kayla @ http://doublethalove.blogspot.ca/2014/01/new-year-new-family.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm hoping it pays off! The more I think of it as a lifestyle and less of a fad or diet, then the easier it will be!

      Thanks for stopping back! I'll be following back as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! Happy New Blog! Looks great =) Although your BL button below your 'about me' sidebar spot takes you to your wordpress BL id. Just fyi. I got to your new one the old fashioned way! Good luck with your resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too! Thanks for letting me know! I will work on having it updated! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete