1.27.2014

Weekend Highlights

I'm linking up with Jasam at The Opulent Owl for a weekend highlights series!  Feel free to visit her and join in the link-up as well!



First, I'd like to thank those of you who kept my sister in your prayers. The messages and emails meant so much! She did great during the procedure and everything looks good with the AVM (well...as good as an AVM can look. It'll be even better when it's not there!). The surgeon was able to get all of the pictures that the radiation oncologist will need to determine strength of frequency of treatment. Those will be schedule in the near future and the process will begin. Although I know my sister is not looking forward to any of this, it's a step in the right direction - shrinking and ultimately diminishing the AVM, so it no longer poses a threat to my sister's health. I'll keep you posted.

Friday night, Brian, McKenzie and I decided that it would be a movie night! We ran out to Redbox and rented Despicable Me 2. It was adorable and Kenzie loved it. She kept saying Minion every time she say them and insisted that we put her hat on - just like the little girl, Edith, in the movie. This is how she watched almost all of the movie!



Saturday, we had a relaxing morning, with a pancake breakfast and play time. I was invited to a jewelry party with one of my good friend's, Heather, so this mama was able to sneak away for 2 hour to attend that! It was nice to have some adult conversation and interaction, without being needed every moment! I have not laughed that hard in forever! I'm very lucky to have such great friends and family in my life!

After the party, we stopped by my in-law's for dinner. My mother-in-law is an incredible cook and the company was even better! It was a great evening!

Sunday, we went to church!  This has become a highlight for my week.  McKenzie goes to the cribbery and has a great time playing with other children and Brian and I have a moment to ourselves...together. To reconnect, to refocus and to get our mind in the right place for the upcoming week. I am thankful that we've started attending again! It was never that easy with a baby. I always felt like I would spend my time in the cry room. Although I could still hear the service, I was distracted by McKenzie nursing on running around, so I often felt like I never got the full message. In my mind, what was the point of going just to say I went, when I wasn't getting anything out of the service or even hearing the message. I'm thankful McKenzie is older now and we are able to attend again.

We spent the afternoon visiting with my Dad, Step-Mom and brother. McKenzie was a ham and enjoyed spending time with them!

Then it was home to do laundry and prepare for the week! It wasn't a super eventful weekend, but one that was a great mix of fun and relaxation!

Ready to start this week, but already looking forward to the fun that's in store for the weekend! I get to see my old college roommate! I can't wait!

P.S. Sorry for the lack of pictures! I haven't been great about taking them lately! I promise I'll get better! :)


6 comments:

  1. Hey Megan! I am glad the procedure for your sister went well and I hope the following treatments go even better. I have never known anyone who has AVM. Honestly, I don't know a lot about it, other than what I read just now(I looked it up as soon as you mentioned it).

    I am glad you started going to church again, and that it is much easier for you to receive the message now. My husband and I are finally getting in the groove to going to church every Sunday, too. We had a hard time finding a church we liked when we moved in 2010. Glad to say we love the church we attend now :)

    Love the Despicable Me movies! They're so funny and I love the minions, like McKenzie! If I was a kid I'd probably be saying minion every time I see one too! hahaha Your daughter is too cute!

    Oh and it's so nice to see you doing Weekend Highlights too! I hope blogging on Mondays about your weekend work out well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Love! Thanks for such a great link-up! I love recapping our weekends, although they're not nearly as eventful as they once were!

      So glad you found a church that you like. We actually are still at the same church that we got married at, but have started attending a different/more contemporary service, which fits us better!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I really want to see Despicable Me 2, but apparently I'm alone in that desire in this house =/ I'm sure it will get rented eventually. Too cute that M wanted to wear her hat =) And, the minions rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rent it one night by yourself! Mama's need some downtime! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the uneventful weekends! Family time is the best.

    ReplyDelete